In addition to liaising with the Territorial government and other agencies in the area of community administration, LGANT provides a forum for sharing information amongst administrators across the Territory. LGANT is also the lead agency that promotes careers in community governments.
For information on membership eligibility, please see our bylaws: click here.
Membership renewal invoices for 2018-2019 have been mailed to all LGANT members. You can download the renewal form (which includes membership rates) by clicking on the links below:
- Membership Form - PDF
- Membership Form - Fillable PDF (Save to your computer before completing form.)
Please return payment (cheques only) and completed forms to the LGANT office via:
Mail: PO Box 2083, Yellowknife, NT X1A 2P6
Member Programs & Services
LGANT members benefit from a wide range of programs and services helping them to be on the pulse of the latest in programming, bursaries and grants, education, training, and quality of service for the administration of your community government. This includes:
- An Annual Professional Development Conference and AGM offering workshops and sessions relevant to the profession
- Professional development and learning opportunities through information on distance and classroom programs, online courses, networking and access to an experienced community of practice
- Free job advertising on LGANT's website that automatically links postings to CivicJobs.ca
- Free posting of bidding opportunities for community governments
- An Awards of Excellence Program to members in recognition of demonstrated excellence and professionalism in local government administration
- The CAMA Bursary Program which provides financial assistance for a Regular Member to attend the annual Canadian Association of Municipal Administrators Conference
Regular Memberships are available for Senior Managers (SAOs, CAOs, Band or Town Managers) of NWT Community Governments.
Associate Memberships are available for:
- Persons employed in a senior position in a Municipal Corporation or Community government
- Persons employed by an education institution or public training body involved with improving the quality of local government administration, or
- Persons employed by another agency or institution with a close interest in local government administration