News and Updates
Fitness training in your community
Through the NWT Recreation & Parks Association (NWTRPA) Fitness Program, community members are supported in becoming certified fitness leaders. Visit our website to request that a fitness training course be held in your community.
Who can apply to host a fitness course?
Any health organization, elder/senior organization, school, community government or other organization that is interested in helping provide fitness training in their community.
How we will help?
- We will organize logistics with the course instructor
- We will cover the costs for the instructor’s flight and accommodations
- We will create a poster for your community
- We will help promote the course through social media
- We will provide an online registration for course participants
Criteria to host a training course
- The host organization must secure an appropriate location for the course which includes book work and active sessions.
- A minimum of five people must register, pay and commit to participate in the course
- Must provide coffee and tea
How can you start planning now?
- Think about who in your community would want to take the training
- Identify some potential dates the training
- Secure a location for the training to take place.
Click here to apply to host a course. Submitting this application does not guarantee that a course will take place in your community. Once your application has been received, the NWTRPA will contact you to discuss further details.