News and Updates
2018 CAMA Conference Open for Registration
Registrations are now being accepted for CAMA's 47th Annual Conference being held in Fredericton, New Brunswick from May 28-30, 2018 at the Fredericton Convention Centre. This year’s theme is “Maximizing Opportunity – Mitigating Risk”.
This year CAMA is pleased to partner with the Canadian Network of Asset Managers (CNAM) to provide you with the opportunity to attend a 1-Day Infrastructure Asset Management Awareness and Education Workshop, immediately before the Conference on Sunday, May 27th, 2018. Please keep this additional professional development opportunity in mind when booking your hotel accommodations. The Golf Tournament and other Pre-Conference activities will begin on Monday morning with the Conference Program ending after the President’s Dinner on Wednesday evening.
To view the full 2018 Conference Program, including the Companion activities click here.
To view the Delegate Program-At-A-Glance click here.
To view the Companion Program-At-A-Glance click here.
All Conference information can be found on the CAMA website.
The Greater Fredericton Airport, serviced by Air Canada, West Jet and Porter receives multiple direct daily flights: Toronto (7), Ottawa (2), Montreal (3) and Halifax (4). Toronto is the major hub connecting Fredericton to the rest of the world. The airport is 14 kms (a 15 minute drive) to downtown Fredericton with a taxi fare of approximately $25.00.
The City of Fredericton is pleased to provide Conference attendees with complimentary shuttle service during the peaks flight times on Sunday, May 27th, 2018 from the Fredericton Airport to the Conference hotels. This service will correspond with flights coming in from Toronto, Montreal and Halifax departing the airport at the following times (approximately 20 to 30 minutes after the flight lands):
Arrival times may change and therefore the bus departure times will be adjusted and attendees will be notified in the communication that is circulated one week prior to the Conference.
The shuttle will stop at each Conference hotel (Hilton Garden Inn, Crowne Plaza, Delta Hotel and the Hampton Inn & Suites). There is limited seating availability on the motorcoach (56 seats), first come – first served. No booking is required.
With convenient highway links we are within a day’s drive from Halifax, Charlottetown, Montreal, Ottawa, and other New Brunswick cities. With the FCM Conference happening in Halifax following the CAMA Conference, you will have a quick one-hour flight or a beautiful 4.5 hour drive from Fredericton. There are two car rental companies in downtown Fredericton:
• Hertz Fredericton located at the Crowne Plaza Hotel (Conference Hotel) at 659 Queen Street (506-459-3444)
• Enterprise Rent A Car located at 319 King Street (506-455-8280)
Register for the Conference by April 1st, 2018 and you will receive the Early Bird Rate.
Please note that CAMA members who are attending their first CAMA Conference are eligible for a $150.00 discount off the registration fee. If you would like some of your senior managers to attend the Conference and they are not CAMA members they can sign up for $137.50 (50% off the first year) and also attend the Conference for $525.00 as a First Time Delegate.
**“Non-Municipal” refers to all other individuals.
The registration fee for members, non-members, and municipal interns includes all Conference sessions, tradeshow, opening reception, breakfasts, refreshment breaks, lunches, Casual Night Out, the President’s Dinner and the hospitality suites. Additional tickets to the Casual Night Out ($115.00) and the President’s Dinner ($125.00) can be purchased for companions not participating in the full Companion Program.
An additional fee will be charged for the Study Tours on Wednesday afternoon.
The registration fee for retired/honourary members includes all Conference sessions, tradeshow, opening reception, breakfasts, refreshment breaks, Casual Night Out, and the hospitality suites. At an additional cost, tickets can be purchased to the lunches ($35.00), the Study Tours (various prices), and the President’s Dinner ($125.00).
Conference Registration for Members in Transition
Going in to “transition” is a very difficult situation that all too many members face at some point in their local government careers. Any job change is difficult, but when its forced on someone for reasons that often have nothing to do with their job performance it can be traumatic.
If you are a “Member in Transition” and have been fired or forced to resign your position in local government and are now “in transition”, CAMA will provide a complimentary registration for you. Hotel and travel expenses are at your cost. Register under the “Members In Transition” category on-line, but CAMA’s membership department must have been notified of your status for you to use this option.
LINKS TO REGISTRATION
The link to all three registration forms (delegates, companions and golf) can be found here.
For each separate registration form see the links below:
• If you are a CAMA member, you will require your e-mail address.
• If you have a companion attending the Conference and they just require a ticket to Casual Night Out or the President’s Dinner please complete the Companion’s registration form (see instructions below).
Special Instructions for Companions Registration:
1. Full Companion Program: If you would like to sign up for the full Companion Program (includes the Opening Reception, Opening and Closing Keynote Speakers, Casual Night Out, President’s Dinner, and Hospitality Suites) use the options provided under the first green box. If you would also like to sign up for some of the Pre-Conference activities, study tours and additional companion activities proceed to the second and third green boxes.
2. Participation in Pre-Conference Activities, Study Tours and Additional Companion Tours: If you do not wish to sign up for the full Companion Program but would like to participate in some of the Pre-Conference activities, study tours, additional companion tours, Casual Night Out and President’s Dinner, go directly to the second, third and fourth green boxes.
3. Extra Tickets to Casual Night Out and President’s Dinner: If you would like to participate in just the Casual Night Out and/or President’s Dinner go directly to the fourth green box.
• Please note that companions receive the same rate as the person they are playing with. A separate golf registration form must be completed for your companion.
• Golf club rentals will be available for $30.00 (plus HST). Clubs must be reserved and paid for on the online registration form.
IMPORTANT REGISTRATION INFORMATION
• If you are paying by cheque, you are not considered registered until payment is received.
• If you are attending the full Conference, the tickets to social functions are included in the delegate registration price. Add tickets only if you wish to purchase additional tickets for another individual. Tickets to social events are non-refundable.
• A cancellation fee of $200.00 for each cancelled registration applies until April 16th, 2018. No refunds will be issued after April 16th, 2018. Substitutions are permitted. Please request substitutions in writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org
• CAMA will take photographs and some video at the 2018 Conference and may use them in CAMA news or promotional materials whether in print, electronic or other media, including the CAMA website. By participating in the CAMA Conference, you grant CAMA the right to use your name and photograph for such purposes.
CAMA has secured a block of rooms at four hotels however the Hilton Garden Inn (connected to the Convention Centre), the Crowne Plaza Hotel (located directly across the street from the Convention Centre), and the Delta Fredericton Hotel (overflow hotel) are SOLD OUT. Delegates are welcome to check these hotels for cancellations and to be put on a wait list (see contact details below).
All three hotels (Hilton, Crowne and Delta) are offering the same special Conference rate:
Type of Room Single and Double Rate
Standard Room $189.00
**Please note that the above rate is subject to 15% applicable taxes. There will be a $10.00 charge for an additional person beyond double occupancy.
A deposit equal to the first night's stay will be charged at the time of booking. If the reservation is cancelled by April 26th, 2018 the deposit will be refunded. If it is cancelled after April 26th, 2018 the first night’s deposit will be forfeited.
Additional Uptown Conference Hotel – Rooms Still Available
An additional room block has been secured at the Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Fredericton located in the uptown region (470 Bishop Drive) for $165.00 + tax/night. A shuttle service will also be provided during the peak periods.
To make a room reservation at the Hampton Inn & Suites or check the other three hotels for availability, see the Conference website for contact information.
FCM CONFERENCE AND TRADESHOW
CAMA delegates will be provided complimentary access (with their CAMA Conference name badge) to the Federation of Canadian Municipalities Trade Show being held on Thursday, May 31st, 2018 from 5:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. during the official Trade Show Opening and Cocktail Reception and on Friday, June 1st, 2018 from 10:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon at the new Halifax Convention Centre, in Halifax, Nova Scotia. The FCM Conference will be held from May 31-June 3, 2018 with over 1,500 municipal leaders coming together to discuss key issues and challenges their communities are facing. For more information visit www.fcm.ca.
Please take some time and watch this video to show you all that Fredericton has to offer! We look forward to seeing you next May 2018 at the home of the CAMA National Office!