Special Projects & Events Coordinator
We are pleased to offer the following career opportunity:
SPECIAL PROJECTS AND EVENTS COORDINATOR – PERMANENT FULL TIME
Competition closes Thursday October 18th 2018
The successful candidate will:
- Be honest, trustworthy and dependable
- Be a very adaptable team player
- Be understanding of the northern cultural, rural and political environment
- Have strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Demonstrate experience engaging professional groups, visitors, government agencies, community members, sponsors, and other stakeholders
- Demonstrate at least 2 years’ experience coordinating special events, projects and initiatives in a tourism industry setting
- Have a Post-Secondary Degree in communications, special event management, business administration and/or tourism management
- Have a valid Driver’s License with the ability to obtain a Class 5 NT Driver’s License
Equivalencies recognizing related education and experience may be considered.
The successful applicant must pass a current RCMP vulnerable sector criminal record check as a condition of employment.
The current starting salary is $29.13 per hour (approx. $56,804 per annum) with a Northern Allowance of $7.14 per hour (approx. $13,924 per annum).
Please refer to the position description for more details regarding expectations and responsibilities. A job description is available at the Town Office upon request. For more information, contact Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Paul Watters, Human Resources Officer
Phone: (867) 777-8603 Fax: (867) 777-8601 E-mail: email@example.com
Town of Inuvik • PO Box 1160 • 2 Firth Street • Inuvik, Northwest Territories • X0E 0T0
Phone: (867) 777-8600 • Fax: (867) 777-8601 • Web: Inuvik.ca