Senior Administrative Officer (SAO)
The Village of Fort Simpson has an employment opportunity for a qualified administrator with at least five years experience at senior management level in municipal governance to assume the responsibility of a Senior Administrative Officer (SAO).
Reporting directly to Mayor and Council, the SAO will provide leadership to management team, encompassing the departments of Public Works, Recreation and Culture, Finance, Municipal Enforcement, Fire Protection Services, Environmental and Planning, you will foster a positive, collaborative environment that will promote productivity and innovation in a cross cultural setting.
As an accomplished municipal leader, you will bring preferably a University degree in public administration or related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a commitment to supporting the professional development of staff. You will have sound municipal experience in a senior management position with knowledge of municipal law and practices, financial management, human resources management and labour relations.
The Successful applicant will possess (but not limited to) the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years experience in senior management of municipality;
- formal training in fundamental accounting principals or equivalent work related experience;
- enhanced management, administrative and financial system skills;
- computer accounting skills, preferably on Vadim Software;
- demonstrated ability to meet performance standards;
- strategic and long-range planning;
- community expectations in a changing environment;
- Organizational development and governance.
- Communication and Public Affairs
This is a permanent full-time, non-unionized position. The salary will commensurate with the individual’s qualification and experience. In addition the Village offers an exceptional benefit and pension package.
Closing date: March 19, 2018 at 3 p.m.
Applications will be accepted by fax, email, postal mail or at the Village Office at:
Village of Fort Simpson
P.O. Box 438
Fort Simpson, NT X0E 0N0
Fax: (867) 695-2005
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.