The Village of Fort Simpson is looking to fill a one year full time contract as a Bylaw Officer.
• Completion of a post-secondary college level Law Enforcement Degree or equivalent.
• Valid NWT Driver’s License.
• Must have good working knowledge of Microsoft office Suite; Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
• Effective written communication skills
• Ability to work with the general public in a professional and friendly manner.
• Must possess strong organizational skills.
• Provide public education and awareness, and promote safety in order to reduce the incidence of
accidents, emergencies and bylaw infractions.
• Enforce municipal bylaws in order to ensure a safe environment for community members.
• Attend and present information to court.
• Complete administrative tasks as required.
• Perform other related duties as required.
(A complete job description can be obtained at the Village Office)
• This is a unionized position and is compensated at Range 5 of the Collective Agreement, plus
*Criminal Record Check Required
Please quote the position title and send a cover letter and resume to:
Mail: Darrell White, Senior Administrative Officer
Village of Fort Simpson
Fort Simpson, NT X0E 0N0
Fax: (867) 695-2005
In Person : Village Office, 9401-100th Street, Fort Simpson, NT
*Only those selected for an interveiw will be contacted.