The Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant who will report directly to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and is responsible for providing office management, administrative support, utility billing, to ensure that services are provided in an effective and efficient manner. The incumbent will be the first point of contact for the public and bring his/her customer service experience.
The successful candidate will act as a receptionist responding to customer inquiries, answer telephone calls, receiving payments, perform motor vehicle functions, issuing invoices and business license, utility billing and other day to day administrative tasks.
- A recognized certificate in Office Administration and one- or two-years related experience. A certificate or diploma in bookkeeping will be an asset.
- Knowledge of office administration and bookkeeping procedures.
- Knowledge of council and committee systems.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, administration/employment policy and procedures.
- Advance computer skills including the ability to use common office software, i.e. Excel, Word Processing, PowerPoint, and Publisher programs
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy, confidentiality concerning financial information.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with paper and digital filing systems and procedures.
- Experience and knowledge of general accounting practices relating to areas of administration and finance.
- Excellent public relations and customer service skills.
- Conflict resolution skills and the ability to deal effectively with situations to avoid potential conflict.
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work as a member of a team.
- Positive attitude and work ethic. Ability to speak the Tłı̨chǫ language will be an asset.
The Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ offers a competitive salary based upon qualifications. This includes a full benefits and pension program upon successful completion of probation period of 6 months.
For a copy of the Job Description or if you need further information, please contact Louisa Wedzin, Senior Administrative Officer at (867) 392-6500 ext. 2302 or email email@example.com.
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter on or before 3:00 pm on Friday, November 9, 2018 either at Community Government of Behchokǫ̀ office or email firstname.lastname@example.org